Saturday, February 11, 2012

Wrapping up the session with Oil Pastel Dogs

This has been a great session!  Wow, the times goes by fast.  Session 1 is completely full, but please dont hesitate to call and be put on a waiting list for any spots that may open up or to be placed on the schedule for Session 2.

I really wanted to use chalk pastels for this lesson, however I was nervous because I didnt want the kids to smudge the chalk everywhere and be upset that their work didnt look anything like a dog!  So, I stuck with oil pastels, which still has a tendency to smudge, but its a little bit more controllable than chalk.

We started off with a drawing lesson.  We practiced this twice so they could get the features down.  We started drawing it on white cardstock.  Then they started coloring it in with oil pastels.  I just ASSUMED they were going to use the natural colors of dogs, brown, black, white, etc, but everyone knows what happens when you assume!  So, I have some dogs that are quite unique and really cute to look at.

Here are some of the results.  I tried so hard to photograph every childs work, but with 90 students, I just couldnt!  :)
























No comments:

Post a Comment