Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chicken and Eggs

I couldnt resist doing some type of Easter/Spring theme for class this week.  I chose this cute little chicken and cracked egg for our theme.  I encouraged the children to free hand the chicken and egg, but for my little fry guys, I made templates for them to trace. 

I then had oval templates in all different sizes for them to trace and scatter them all over their paper.  We used special marker paper and colored them in.  They chose 3 different colors for the background and 3 other colors for the chicken. 

Some kids found this process a little challenging.  Some students got carried away using every color possible for the background and then had no other colors left for the chicken, so they had to repeat them. 

All in all, the results were amazing. 

Here are a few results:











No comments:

Post a Comment