Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome 2012

After a well needed break, we are back and ready to welcome 2012 in with some new and exciting art lessons!  I have to admit, I was itching to get back into the classes and talking with the kids.  I missed them!

This weeks lesson is a real neat lesson that has beautiful results.  This lesson incorporates a variety of things to be learned, or so I hope. 

Our medium of choice was watercolors and we talked about perspective and I gave them an example of being in the forest and looking at the trees.  The ones close up to you were big, but the ones in the distance looked small.  We used this example to then make our Birch Trees.  I always touch upon gradient color and explained to them that gradient wasn't ingredient, the young ones always think thats what I am saying!

We used contact paper to create our trees and I explained to them what "masking" was. 

The results were very impressive, for they each picked what color scheme they wanted.  Great job as always kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment